Wednesday 23 March 2016

I'm not a Number..!



As I missed out the section between Porthmadog and Llandecwyn the other day, I decided to do this little piece of the route on the way back home. It runs just north of Portmeirion through wooded areas that provide a nice change to the more usual coastal scenery.

I parked by Boston Lodge at the eastern end of the Cob and then climbed up through the woods. There were little glimpses of the Glaslyn Estuary through the trees but you would be very much closed in during the summer months with the trees in leaf.
Woodland scenery is a nice contrast to beaches and clifftops.



Once you exit the woods you get a clearer view back towards Porthmadog...

...and after cresting the hill you get an equally nice view east into southern Snowdonia.

There's lots of these roundels about to reassure you that you're on the right track. Gwynedd Council has done a really good job with these.

A nice view of Ynys where I was walking the other day.
After the path brought me to Minffordd I headed back to Boston Lodge along the main road to complete a circular walk of about 3 miles. Luckily there's a good pavement along the road so it's quite safe, and worth doing if you have an hour or so to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment